W5500 Wiznet Lite Dev board IC heats when connected to ethernet
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 Wiznet Lite Dev board IC heats when connected to ethernet
by Eugeny ·
Ok or not ok? You should have consulted with supplier before removing the short circuit (and ferrite bead). Hopefully your actions do not invalidate warranty (if there’s any).
Chip will heat because it has PHY driver inside, but the devil is in detail of how much it heats.
RE: RE: W5500 Wiznet Lite Dev board IC heats when connected to ethernet
by Ashraf Almubarak ·
Hey, thanks for coming by.
I don’t think there is a warranty I bought it from online store.
I can’t remember which pins were shorted. But anyway a s/c has to be removed!.
I am supplying enough power to it. I am powering it from Rpi 3.3V, which is powered from USB. The power supply circuit can deliver up to 1A.
RE: W5500 Wiznet Lite Dev board IC heats when connected to ethernet
by Eugeny ·
Does link LED turn on when you put cable in?
RE: W5500 Wiznet Lite Dev board IC heats when connected to ethernet
by marmottus ·
Hi,
We connected the interrupt pin on pin BCM4 and SPI1 of the Pi.
We’re using the Linux WIZnet kernel driver (https://github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/drivers/net/ethernet/wiznet)
Here is our device tree
The chip seems to be recognized over SPI as some commands are being issued when loading the module and get a response.
When I try to bring the interface (eth0) I get a timeout with a kernel trace in the kernel logs.
When I put the cable in, the activity LED starts to blink (once every second I’d say) but no interrupt is triggered.