Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
by Eugeny ·
ARP/GARP is datalink layer, to get its functionality you must switch socket 0 into MACRAW mode. You seem to use UDP mode.
RE: RE: Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
by scooter ·
Right! Thank you for the reply, I’m using the default UDP mode, I guess I’ll have to rewrite this whole code and start opening sockets directly using Sn_MR, right? Or would I be able to set the socket like so below, and still use the code I already have?
RE: Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
by Eugeny ·
Look into the libraries you use, hopefully there’re calls for MACRAW mode, or universal calls (eg. data I/O) which can be reused for MACRAW mode.
Is Sn_MR 8-bit?
RE: Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
by scooter ·
I’ll have to look deeper into the libraries then, thank you, I can’t test with the board until tomorrow, so I’ll revert back here then, in the meantime, here’s the Sn_MR register in the datasheet, it’s 8-bit, no?
RE: Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
by Eugeny ·
Yes, then it is not clear for me how you can
write 16-bit value into 8-bit register unless there’s some hidden logic in this function
RE: Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
by scooter ·
Heh, great catch, still a lot for me to learn, thank you, absolute mistake by me!
I’ll update on progress in around 14 hours!
RE: Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
by scooter ·
So I managed to make progress, however I’m not managing to get packets sent out, it seems to always fail. I basically always get “failed to send”. Using the RP2040 Ethernet/ Ethernet2 library, it seems like I am setting the correct modes and registers through this code, I’d definitely appreciate some more guidance if possible
RE: Advertise W5500-EVB-Pico as network gateway using ARP (GARP?)
by scooter ·
Solved this by using a different Library