What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
by Eugeny ·
To get result you want you have to follow specific sequence performing programming the chip behavior through SPI. The programming rules and sequences are shown in the W5100 and W5500 datasheets. Driver source code you have, after compilation, are expected to help you configuring and programming the chip, and therefore get required traffic out of the chip.
RE: RE: What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
by Jerry Myers ·
can you cite which page of the 5500 data sheet? I’m looking at v1.1.0 right now, and there are no programming rules or sequences that i can identify
RE: What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
by Jerry Myers ·
additionally, will i need to “wrap” these instructions within code that tells the MCU to transmit the traffic down the MOSI line? A lot of these functions return void so I suspect nesting them within MCU-specific fcn calls will throw errors.
RE: What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
by Eugeny ·
Start with W5100 datasheet, from the beginning, it lists all the basics. I suspect you will need advanced help because programming will also involve sockets programming.
RE: What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
by Jerry Myers ·
All im trying to do is send 0xAA down the SPI bus and up through the ethernet able. Can you tell me which data packet I need to send to the W5500 via the MOSI line?
Currently I am sending 0x001814AA where 0x0018 is the address for the SIMR common register block and the last two bytes are…socket 0 tx buffer (0b00010), RWB is write mode (0b1), OM is VDM (0b00) and the data byte is (0xAA).
am I mixing configuration traffic with data traffic? Can you give me an example bitstream I can bit bang into the MCU so that it sends it out the RJ45 cable?
I don’t see which common register I ought to write to (i.e., first 16 bits) that enable me to send traffic.
RE: What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
by Eugeny ·
This, as is, has no sense. You must send data to some recipient ready to receive that data.
You initialize the chip, you set up socket properties including remote node properties, you command to open he socket, and only then, after success, you can send data to remote node through the wire.
RE: What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
by Jerry Myers ·
thank you. do you have any videos on configuring the chip via SPI posted anywhere?
is there a way to monitor whether the socket is open or not?
RE: What functions do I need to convert from SPI traffic to TXN/TXP?
by Jerry Myers ·
ok let’s back up here for a minute…how do you send commands to the W5500? Do I need to connect it to the SPI network and send the W5500 commands all through the MOSI from the MCU to the W5500?