POE hub connection failed
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: POE hub connection failed
by Eugeny ·
Several questions:
RE: RE: POE hub connection failed
by BongSu95 ·
Both the link LED connected to the W5500 and the PoE hub link LED are turned off.
I did more experiments and among PoE, the PoE called MD-6608 was not connected to some W5500. It’s not that the W5500 is not connected, but just a few W5500 are not.
RE: RE: POE hub connection failed
by BongSu95 ·
It was misinformation. When I tested more, it was not a one-on-one problem, but a specific W5500 product could not be connected. And the LED doesn’t turn on either.
RE: RE: POE hub connection failed
by BongSu95 ·
Yes, I repeatedly turned it off and on, but it didn’t connect.
RE: POE hub connection failed
by BongSu95 ·
Eventually, when I replaced the W5500S2E-Z1 module in the product, it was connected. But I want to find out why this phenomenon occurs. When I test it, it seems that when I connect MD-6608 (PoE) and W5500, I sometimes get a W5500 that is not connected.
However, if you use other PoE, all communicate normally. I don’t think this is a W5500 error or PoE issue.
If you know the cause, please let me know.
Thank you.
RE: RE: POE hub connection failed
by Eugeny ·
Seems requires more troubleshooting. Seeing how much current is being taken from the PoE in dynamic (draw he graph f the current consumption starting module plugging into the switch. What is going on the SPI and network lines. Trying to power from the external PSU instead of PoE.
RE: POE hub connection failed
by BongSu95 ·
I don’t know how to measure the current value consumed when using PoE. Instead, we measured the current value consumed when we put external power into our device and calculated the power. Three different devices were measured, and 5V external power was inserted, and the consumption current was 0.29A to 0.3A, respectively. When calculated, it was 1.41 W, so there was no difference between a defective device and a normal device.
RE: POE hub connection failed
by Eugeny ·
Does it always connect when you put external power supply? In other words - does power source affect operation?
RE: POE hub connection failed
by BongSu95 ·
It always works. It does not affect operation.
RE: POE hub connection failed
by Eugeny ·
I assume you meant that with external power supply it always works.
You use W5500S2E-Z1, and I see it does not have built-in PoE module. Evaluation board does not have it too. So you must be using your own PoE module, right? explanation or circuit diagram would help.
How do you drive nRST pin of the W5500S2E-Z1? Where is it connected, and how is it operated after you plug ethernet cable into the device?
RE: POE hub connection failed
by BongSu95 ·
I can’t explain how it works because it’s not a circuit diagram I made, but I have a circuit diagram, so I’ll attach it.
RE: POE hub connection failed
by Eugeny ·
Let’s make small test. Take the W5500 module which does not connect (so that we can reproduce the issue with highest probability). Plug module into PoE, ensure it does not connect, LEDs are off. Then take tweezers and short circuit C18 - 1uF capacitor in the reset circuit - for a second. Be very careful not to short anything else nearby, and ensure you do it to C18 (and not to any power decoupling capacitors). Remove pincers and see if there will be any difference. Do it several times to see what happens every time. report your findings back.
RE: POE hub connection failed
by BongSu95 ·
When replacing the W5500S2E-Z1 module, there is a lot of damage to the module, making it difficult to test. Is there any other way?
RE: POE hub connection failed
by Eugeny ·
How do you test without putting module into the working conditions? You take twisted pair cable, one side connect to switch, and another to module. You do not need to put it into the industrial chassis or perform any other actions damaging the module or infrastructure, just connect as required.