W5200 link issues
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5200 link issues
by pmul ·
Just a quick update, in case this jogs anyone’s memory. I discovered that when I plug my board into a different switch it seems to work, link is up directly after init, I can ping, etc. Sometimes I need to reset the board to get it into the ‘working’ mode, but once in it, it seems to stay that way. I then tried all switches I have available, got about 20% of them working OK with the board, 20% working a bit (link went up occasionally) and the rest, no function.
I also tried exchanging for a different transformer (now an RB1-125GAB1A bought from Wiznet’s shop), the board behaves in exactly the same way, so it’s not that. I have seen various posts referring to particular batches of the w5200 being flaky depending on the Switch used. My w5200 is stamped on the top with:
HHJ727
2109
What do these numbers mean? Is 2109, week 9 in 2021?
This is what my board looks like:
Anyone got any ideas?
RE: W5200 link issues
by pmul ·
One more detail I have found. I connected the board to a Cisco switch where I can modify the port settings from the switch side. If I force the port to 10Mbs (full or half duplex, does not matter), then the board connects perfectly every time. What could cause the board to not connect at 100Mbs?