STM32+W5500 DHCP ReRequest
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: STM32+W5500 DHCP ReRequest
by irina WIZnet ·
=> in dhcp.c

=> Timer handler

I think you have to check the operation of dhcp_tick_1s.
RE: STM32+W5500 DHCP ReRequest
by s13884 ·
Hi @irina_kim
Thanks for your reply. I think, I resolved it, made some FreeRtos task related configuration changes and also changed logic for DHCP_time_handler, still testing. But now I have one more issue, it breaks the HTTP after renewing the DHCP lease. So do you have any idea which specific part to check for this issue? Do you think I have to close the socket before making the DHCP renew request?
Thanks & Regards
S
RE: RE: STM32+W5500 DHCP ReRequest
by irina WIZnet ·
My answer to the question is no. As far as I know, DHCP renew request packet should be sent before DHCP lease time.
if DHCP lease time is 1 hour, it would be good to send the packet at about 50 minutes, much earlier than that time.
RE: STM32+W5500 DHCP ReRequest
by s13884 ·
Hi @irina_kim
Thanks for your answer
I found solution, there was a problem with DHCP_IP_LEASED case and web server start/stop flag.
So my mistake was to enable the web server flag before receiving the DHCP_ACK for REREQUEST, enabled it after receiving the DHCP_ACK and it works. Still breaks sometime, after 1 or 2 hours and sometime longer so looking into it.
Thanks
S