Using W5500 as Bus-master in SPI Application
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Using W5500 as Bus-master in SPI Application
by bangbh ·
I don’t get you exactly but obvious thing is that w5500 only works as a slave.
To use W5500, u need a host MCU.
Like this
Ethernet connector ---------- W5500 ----- (spi) ----- MCU
Thanks.
RE: Using W5500 as Bus-master in SPI Application
by MoA ·
Thanks for replying.
Your answer is consistent with my understanding of how the W5500 works. I was thinking of using it like shown below, which is not possible because both the Ethernet encode and W5500 act as slaves.
Ethernet Encoder <----- SPI -----> W5500 <----- Ethernet ------>
Anyhow, I am now thinking about the arrangement shown below. According to W7500 documentation, it can be used as SPI slave or master. Do you see any problem with this approach?
Ethernet Encoder <----- SPI ----->W7500 <----- Ethernet ------->
Thanks,
Mo
RE: RE: Using W5500 as Bus-master in SPI Application
by bangbh ·
W7500 is a MCU with hardware TCP/IP stack.
I can’t tell you if it will work or not because I don’t know what exactly you want to do with ethernet encoder. I don’t even know what ethernet encoder does.
A more detailed explanation is needed.
Thanks.