mDNS in W5500. Is it possible?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: mDNS in W5500. Is it possible?
by irina WIZnet ·
We support the example of DNS but it is a project made using our ioLibrary.
If you change the defined chip name, you can use the 5x00 series.
RE: RE: mDNS in W5500. Is it possible?
by amsantos ·
irina_kim,
I need the mDNS to resolve the IP in a local network. Using http//:hostname.local to open the microcontroller webserver instead of the board IP. I’m a newbe in mDNS, but I think that mDNS depends on hardware too, the MAC filter need to be configured to multicast for mac address 01 00 5E XX XX XX
RE: mDNS in W5500. Is it possible?
by irina WIZnet ·
As I said before,we support the example of DNS… I think you modify the source code using DNS you want to use MDNS.
As I searched on the web, MDNS has base on DNS
RE: mDNS in W5500. Is it possible?
by amsantos ·
Irina, thanks for the tip. I will try it out.
RE: mDNS in W5500. Is it possible?
by irina WIZnet ·
I’m curious to know how did it go.