w6100 Ethernet initialize error
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: w6100 Ethernet initialize error
by becky ·
Is there a DHCP server in your network environment that supports IPv6?
RE: RE: w6100 Ethernet initialize error
by Xinjun Dong ·
The network does not support IPv6, but I tried to download from pullrequest-w6100 branch on github which seems to support IPv4 to me. However, it does not work either. Is there any library available to use w6100 on IPv4?
Thanks
RE: w6100 Ethernet initialize error
by Xinjun Dong ·
I tried to debug the code, and found that the arduino board did not recognize the w6100 chip, i.e. the return value of function isW6100 is not 1. I can confirm that the SS pin is correctly set. What is possible cause of the issue?
Update: I further look into the problem and find that the problem happens at following location:
writeSYCR0(0x0); // Software Reset
After software reset, the softReset function will exist because the value of count will be larger than 20. As a result, W6100 is not recognized by arduino board.
Any help will be appreciated.
RE: RE: w6100 Ethernet initialize error
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, @Xinjun_Dong
W6100 ethernet shield has the same spi pin as arduino ethernet shield.
https://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php/osh:w6100_ethernet_shield:start
could you try web example code with the below code?
thank you
RE: RE: w6100 Ethernet initialize error
by taylor ·
Hello Xinjun_Dong,
Please, refer to this URL(Howtouse · Wiznet/Ethernet Wiki · GitHub).
RE: w6100 Ethernet initialize error
by Xinjun Dong ·
Thanks for the reply, and the advancedChatServer works for me. However, when I am trying to use WebClient example, the program stuck at “Initialize Ethernet with DHCP:” , and I could not see the device in my router list. I have switched to a router that supports IPv6, and the setting is as follows:
I just checked and found that even though the advancedChatServer works for me, I did not see the device in the list of router either.
Please advise what is the possible cause of the problem. Also, I am also wondering where I can find a example of TCP client example using IPv4 for the shield.
Thanks
RE: w6100 Ethernet initialize error
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi @Xinjun_Dong
Sorry for being late.
first you need to check ipv6 working with pc.
set ipv6 in router and connect pc to router on ipv6.
you can check if ipv6 is working or not with this website https://test-ipv6.com/ .
If router’ ipv6 works, all test will be passed.
if it is not passed, you can set ipv6 dns server manually
after that, try again ipv6 dhcp then share it.
thank you