WizFi630S: Ethernet/LAN to Wi-Fi bridge/gateway
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WizFi630S: Ethernet/LAN to Wi-Fi bridge/gateway
by wizdaniel ·
Hi
I tested the function that you wanted. and I found out how to set the module to run that function.
I set up the module and did ping test.
and the result of above tests worked well.
It is a bad news that the WizFi630S has a IP address(192.168.1.100). because WizFi630S have to connect to AP using Client Mode.
but you don’t have to worry about the IP of Client mode.
Above connection I tested allow Network Device to have two subnet.
However, the Network device can use the subnet of the AP instead of WizFi630S’s subnet.
please refer to the image and description in the following link.
https://oldwiki.archive.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/relayclient
RE: WizFi630S: Ethernet/LAN to Wi-Fi bridge/gateway
by Tommy ·
Hi Daniel
Could you share your settings for this. I’ve yet been successful at reproducing your results. I’m aware that I might have to change SSID’s and such.
BR
Tommy
RE: RE: WizFi630S: Ethernet/LAN to Wi-Fi bridge/gateway
by wizdaniel ·
OK, Tommy
this is setting parameters that I tested.
first of all, you should install ‘relayd’ package into the module.
below subnet of this configuration is ‘192.168.2.1’. but your network device should have a IP of AP’s subnet like ‘192.168.1.2’
RE: WizFi630S: Ethernet/LAN to Wi-Fi bridge/gateway
by Tommy ·
Thanks Daniel
In the user manual you have a mode described as AP Client Mode[Multi Bridge Mode]. This mode was used in old wizfi630 cards to give exactly the relayd functionality. Togheter with a second card in AP mode one would have a “transparent” non-NAT/WAN network across LAN and WiFi.
Shouldn’t this AP Client Mode[Multi Bridge Mode] be supported without installing relayd?
/Tommy
RE: RE: WizFi630S: Ethernet/LAN to Wi-Fi bridge/gateway
by wizdaniel ·
Hi Tommy
The WizFi630, old one, was built with custom Firmware from us.
however the WizFi630S, new one, is based on OpenWrt embedded linux. because of extensibility and reliability.
I think there are many way to set up.
and one of the ways is using relayd.
I searched about that on online.
may be you can configure a WizFi630S as a bridge mode without relayd.
RE: WizFi630S: Ethernet/LAN to Wi-Fi bridge/gateway
by lucifer1413 ·
192.168.1.1 is a local IP address that is used to access the admin panel. 192.168.l.l is set by routers and modem company as the default gateway to access the Admin Panel of the router from where you can change default settings of your router including LAN, WLAN, Proxy, DSL, and different settings.
192.168.2.1