About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by Jeff Kuo ·
Hi midnightcow
OK, I got it.
If I don’t want to do the firmware modification, can you recommend other S2E module that supports multicast message receiving? Thanks.
RE: RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by irina WIZnet ·
W7500-S2E supports multicast operation and you can download the firmware through github site and modify the firmware.
If you downloaded the firmware of W7500-S2E , you need to see the source code of this path in " Projects/S2E_App/src/Serial_to_Ethernet/seg.c".
For using multicast , you have to set the multicast flag before socket open .
If you can modify the firmware(W5500S2E) like I said, you can just modified it.
If no, I think it would be better to use W7500-S2E.
This link is the firmware of W7500-S2E.
https://github.com/WIZnet/WIZ750SR
RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by Jeff Kuo ·
Hi Irina
Thank you, two quick question.
Do you sell W7500S2E-Z1, the network socket type is Ethernet transformer? Seems like all I can find on several big authorized distributor is W7500S2E-R1 (Network socket type: RJ-45).
Where can I find the firmware link of W5500S2E-S1? I want to modify the firmware of W5500S2E-S1 like you suggested, thanks!
RE: RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by irina WIZnet ·
I’m so sorry, I guess I was wrong. I was confused with W7500-S2E(opened source)
W7500S2E and W5500S2E not support the source code.
Could you buy through Hong Kong site?
Hong Kong sale site : https://www.wiznet.hk/en/serial-to-ethernet-module/83-w7500s2e-z1.html
RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by Jeff Kuo ·
Hi Irina
OK, got it, so could you tell me which module do support the unicast, boardcast and multicast function?
I can change the module, that’t not a big deal, the reason why we choose the S2E module is that we want to save engineering time both for HW and FW, we do not preferred building the serial to Ethernet function from the very beginning status, thank you.
RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by Jeff Kuo ·
Hi All
Any update? My goal is to implement E1.31 / sACN and Art-Net 1,2,3,4 on the ethernet module, could be translate to serial or SPI or any other common protocol that ST’s microcontrollers can communicate with, thanks!
RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by irina WIZnet ·
I did request the person in charge about multicast and I have not received an answer yet.
I’ll let you know as soon as anything.
RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by Jeff Kuo ·
Hi Irina
Is there some update from the person in charge? Thank you for the follow up.
RE: RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by becky ·
Hello,
There are firmware including multicast function.
w5500s2e-s1_app_v24_r2.bin (81.0 KB)
If you input the multicast address and port on remote host, you can join&leave multicast group(IGMPv2).
RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by Jeff Kuo ·
Thank you Becky, our FW engineer is under development right now based on your bin file, will let you know if we face some issue, appreciate for your response.
RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by Jeff Kuo ·
Hi Becky
We try to send ArtPollReply 281 bytes, and we see these bytes are separated into several UDP packet.
Is there some way we can do that we want to receive all bytes in one UDP packet? Thank you.
RE: RE: About W5500S2E-S1 receive sACN packet
by irina WIZnet ·
In configuration tool, Advanced Option ->Serial Data Packing condition → Data Length
If you want to use the byte count, you can fill in Data Length.