First Ping response after hardware reset delay (too long)
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: First Ping response after hardware reset delay (too long)
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi~

The figure below shows the reset timing.
10ms have passed since the HW reset was pressed and you have to confirm the Link blink whether or not.
I tested them.
I tested and it doesn’t slow response to ping like you said.
I think it could be a hardware problem.
Could you please tell me that DHCP use whether or not?
RE: RE: First Ping response after hardware reset delay (too long)
by MyrmidonGitHub ·
Hi, Irina_kim, Thank you for your fast response!
I was checking ping delays of about 17s., sometimes only 6s. and sometimes 36s., but when I saw you were talking about 10ms., and after reading Eugeny response, my light bulb went on…
My ethernet plug was not attached to a “simple” switch, but directly to my dear internet provider’s router (great idea…) so now I attached my plug directly to the (“simple”) switch and the time has been reduced to a little less than 2s., time that I assume is due to my Arduino sketch setup, where I stablish a fixed IP.
Thank you again
RE: First Ping response after hardware reset delay (too long)
by Eugeny ·
When chip is hard reset it drops the upstream link, and remote device (e.g. router/switch) sees it and starts new training and negotiation process when link is back. This training and negotiation may take long time, and it may be the cause of the delays you see. Dig into switch’s settings (look into manual) to disable training making switch’s port starting immediately as soon as link is being sensed.
RE: RE: First Ping response after hardware reset delay (too long)
by MyrmidonGitHub ·
Hi, Eugeny, also Thank you for your fast response!
As you can see in my response to Irina_kim, I was checking ping delays of about 17s., sometimes only 6s. and sometimes 36s., but when I saw she was talking about 10ms., and after reading your response, my light bulb went on…
My ethernet plug was not attached to a “simple” switch, but directly to my dear internet provider’s router (great idea…) so now I attached my plug directly to the (“simple”) switch and the time has been reduced to a little less than 2s., time that I assume is due to my Arduino sketch setup, where I stablish a fixed IP .
Thank you again