Wiz850io hangs
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Wiz850io hangs
by Eugeny ·
Measure the supply current to the module and make a graph of how it changes. Also measure module/chip temperature (cold/warm/hot/very hot/can not touch grade would be ok).
RE: RE: Wiz850io hangs
by Infoetak ·
Hello!
Unfortunatelly I was not able to repeat that state in lab. However, it was constantly repeated in production environment, but this is 600km away… So, I was not able to measure the current.
There is a lot of topics regarding w5500 consumption issue and crashing.
One was, that ferrite bed between AGND and GND should be removed (shortcuted).
The other was about how to connect TCT and RCT.
Link: High temperature and high consumption - #13 by Scott
Can Wiznet guys confirm any of these solutions, to prevent crashing?
Thanks in advance for all the answers!
BR
Andrej
RE: Wiz850io hangs
by Infoetak ·
Dear Wiznet guys!
I noticed significant differences between Wiz850io board and Wiz550web!
What is the final and stable schematic?
BR
Andrej
RE: Wiz850io hangs
by Eugeny ·
Must be a mistake.
There’s no concensus if this ferrite bead is needed at all.
Seq/Ack values seem to be wrong here. You transferred hundreds of megabytes betwen the devices? Am I correct that you have two W5500 devices here (242 and 243) and one device of another type (241)? This issue with Seq/Ack usually happens if programmer messes up with RX/TX pointers when programming WIZnet.
RE: Wiz850io hangs
by Infoetak ·
Hi,
Thanks for Your answers, Eugeny.
So the 10R value is correct (as on most schematics).
No, I don’t do that much traffic. In fact, I only transfer a few Bytes.
.241 is server.
Once I realy did some changes in buffer memmory allocation , but I’m not sure, when did I capture this screeen-shoot. I increased first socket memmory both RX and TX to 8KB (2K=default).
RE: Wiz850io hangs
by Eugeny ·
The problem is not in buffer size, it is in wrong values being written to the pointer registers. The best is to log all values you write into pointer regs, and perform traffic logging. So that you can more or less match time afterwards and see what was written to registers when problem with seq/ack first exhibited itself.
RE: Wiz850io hangs
by mugginsjm ·
I have been having hangups with 850io connected to ESP32. It is set up as a chat server and occasionally just stops communicating. I have been developing in the Arduino IDE environment and am wondering is there some register I can poll regularly to look for failure and then do a reset. I can simulate the failure by grounding the wiz reset pin and of course it does not recover until the esp re-initializes it.
thanks.