W5500 Multicast Join Multiple Groups?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 Multicast Join Multiple Groups?
by vanvught ·
Hi Crees, please below the code for the join. I have prefixed the socket API’s with _ in order to be able to test the code on Raspberry Pi Raspbian SPI interface (not conflicting with the Linux socket API’s).
I have not tried to call it for several universes. But basically, this function just generates the join message. What if we call it for each universe to receive ? Does that simply work?
Arjan
http://www.orangepi-dmx.org/allwinner-h3
RE: RE: W5500 Multicast Join Multiple Groups?
by vanvught ·
Forgot to mention, this is working with sACN E1.31. After the join, you can simply do a recvfrom. Note : the socket number 0 is hardcoded in the example below.
RE: RE: W5500 Multicast Join Multiple Groups?
by vanvught ·
With reference to ioLibrary_Driver/socket.c at master · Wiznet/ioLibrary_Driver · GitHub
it is doing a close. So calling the join multiple times is not working.
Also, I am eager to know how to initiate multiple join’s for a single socket.
RE: W5500 Multicast Join Multiple Groups?
by crees ·
I may be going about this thought the wrong way (bad hack) Using MacRaw to receive all the multicast traffic so we don’t have to bind IP to socket and then use a custom subscribe packet function to tell the upstream switch/router what multicast streams we are interested in?
RE: W5500 Multicast Join Multiple Groups?
by crees ·
I found success receiving multiple multicast streams from different multicast groups in MACRAW mode. However the issue is now that my buffer can only handle so many and I need to learn how to utilize IGMP to subscribe to multiple Groups. I am still looking how to craft an IGMP subscribe function in MACRAW mode.
Anyone have any advice on IGMP code usage in MACRAW mode?