Schematic Design question
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Schematic Design question
by Eugeny ·
All questions are really on spot.
No, then only thing you may do in this case is not placing ground plane under the MagJack. I researched the matters and decided that for hobbyist projects this measurement is too much. Professional projects use external magnetics anyway, which can have grounds properly separated.
Do not partition digital and analog grounds (even with ferrite bead), but partition 3V3D and 3V3A with ferrite bead - this should be enough. In any case you must ensure your power source is clean at digital side.
I have taken arbitrary value of 30. Probably took this value from Arduino Eth Shield design
RE: Schematic Design question
by dezmob ·
Thanks you very much for taking the time to help me.
Im a bit confused:
and then
So basically both 3V3D ans 3V3A will be connected to the same ground plain if I understand it correctly?
So no need for me to bother with FB1 since I don’t need to partition GND and GNDA right?
I’ve connected all the GND to the same plain even the chassis GND I don’t know if I still need to make different plain for those two. I’ve looked up the EtherTen from Freetronics and it doesn’t seems that they use different GND for the chassis.
I’ll start the PCB and come back at you with the layout, I would really appreciate any feedback, tips, you seems to have a lot of experience of this chip according to your many post.
here’s my schematics for now, let me know if you see something horribly wrong
Thanks you very much!
Schematic_Ethernet-shield-with-PoE-Mode-A-B-for-Arduino-Pro-Mini-3.3V_Ethernet-shielt-W5100-PoE-Arduino-mini_20180620083129.pdf (68,2 Ko)
RE: RE: Schematic Design question
by Eugeny ·
Yes, put ferrite bead between positive power segments only.
Yes. If you are so worried about it, you can put FB1 between grounds, and solder resistor of value 0 into the place instead of ferrite bead. At any time you can then remove the resistor and solder the ferrite bead.
You would if you have external magnetics.
I recommend you perform prototyping first becore making big batch of the devices.
RE: Schematic Design question
by dezmob ·
Ok don’t worry, I won’t make any expensive mistakes, this is just for the fun of it, and learning in the process