Wizfi250 host name ?
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Wizfi250 host name ?
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, AO74 !
You mean,
When WizFi250 is set as an AP mode, is it possible to set a AP name?
Could you explain in detail ?
Thanks,
RE: Wizfi250 host name ?
by AO74 ·
Hello Tom,
If I understand well AP mode creates a WIFI net work ?
What I want to is that my equipemnt join an existing Wifi network managed in DHCP.
I dont want to have a special IP adresse but a unique name “POINT_01”.
So when my equipement is adressed it’s with his own name :
ping POINT_01 ( not ping 192.168.0.12)
I must be in STA Mode, is it possible to give name to my equipement.
Thanks.
RE: RE: Wizfi250 host name ?
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi
From what I know, there is no way to give a name to your device in STA mode.
Is there a special reason to give a name?
Thanks,
RE: Wizfi250 host name ?
by AO74 ·
Hello Tom,
Thak you for your answer.
May be there is some thing that I do not understand betwen STA and AP mode.
My need is to connect a device on an existing WIFI network.
My device must be adressed by a PC through WIFI and WIZFI interface.
The classic method is to set a fixed IP to my device.
The problem is that I have to ask a fixed IP to the customer.
So it would be easyer to give a unic name at each device and adress my
devices using there own name (it’s the job of the DHCP serveur to give
the corresponding IP adress).
RE: Wizfi250 host name ?
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi!
→ I Think you’ll understand when you look at the picture below.
→ You mean, your environment is like this?
When you use a WizFi250 as a STA mode, WizFi250 can get a dynamic IP(192.~) from AP using DHCP.
→ I am sorry though, from what I know there is no way to give a special name to a WizFi250(STA).
If you hava a question, please ask !
Thanks,