Center tap of transformer
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Center tap of transformer
by Eugeny ·
There’s a reference schematic how the chip should be used (connected). Can you please explain the purpose of your questions.
RE: RE: Center tap of transformer
by mkh ·
OK, I Saw the reference schematic and checked it. In the reference schematic, center tap connect to VCC 3V3A and a 0.1Uf capacitor. BUT in my new design i can not connect VCC to center tap illustrate in below figure:
But i don’t know it is possible or not??
RE: Center tap of transformer
by Eugeny ·
Let me answer the following way:
Reference schematic is the way manufacturer (WIZnet) guarantees operation of its product (W5300). Consequences of all deviations from this schematic is a responsibility of the designer.
Unless someone from WIZnet development confirms you that your design will work the way you want it to have, you are not formally guaranteed your result.
If I would be you I would find a way to comply to the reference schematic - in other words connect the wire you point at to 3V3A. Probably it is the right problem to solve?
RE: Center tap of transformer
by NoellEagan ·
Hi…I m starting to play with the microcontrolers, but I have some issues setting them up, I configure my power source for 5V output, but when I connect my pic32mx250f128b the voltage drop at 3.3V , I could think this is ok, but when I connect my rn-41-ek module voltage drops even more ~1.6V, so it is not good for any of my IC, what could I be doing wrong? is this normal? is it possible that I overlooked a short? any ideas?
RE: Center tap of transformer
by Edward ·
Hi NoellEagan.
First, use to LDO regulator.
It use on 3.3V and then use on 3.3V to 1.6V drop.
If you want rn-41-ek module 1.6V, I think need interface board(3.3V to 1.6V). or insert LDO regulator on your W5300 created board.