DHCP server function in WizFi310.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: DHCP server function in WizFi310.
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi,
In conclusion, you can use a WizFi310 as a DHCP server.
It will be helpful for you.
http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi310:wizfi310pg:start
Click the link, and you can find the answer in ‘AP Mode using WPA2 Static IP’ section.
Thanks,
RE: RE: DHCP server function in WizFi310.
by Mateusz Baczewski ·
Hi, thanks for your answer.
I’m not sure it’s solution appropriate for me. I would like to set initial and final IP addresses assigned from DHCP and be sure that server not assign from outside.
I don’t know the rules of assigning IP from WizFi DHCP server.
RE: DHCP server function in WizFi310.
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi,
I thought you want to use a WizFi310 as a DHCP server like an AP.
Could you tell more details about what you want to do with WizFi310.
Thanks,
RE: DHCP server function in WizFi310.
by Mateusz Baczewski ·
Hi,
Yes, I would like to use WizFi310 as a DHCP server like an AP.
I have few devices with static IP on my network created by WizFi310 access point.
I must be sure that DHCP server in WizFi not assign to other devices (with dynamic IP) the same address IP (as static device).
RE: DHCP server function in WizFi310.
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, Mateusz_Baczewski
I am sorry for the confusion.
This means, WizFi310(AP mode) assigns a same static IP to other devices(with dynamic IP) ?
As you know, a DHCP server can give a dynamic IP(192.168~) to devices, not static IP.
If it is right, could you send us a capture?
Thanks
RE: DHCP server function in WizFi310.
by Mateusz Baczewski ·
Hi,
I try to describe this problem.
Network is created by WizFi.
When device without static IP want to connect with network WizFi assign new dynamic IP adress.
Next, my other device with static IP connect with this network.
I’m not sure that IPs are the same and that’s a conflict. I would like to set minimum and maximum IP for dynamic adresses to be sure that I doesn’t make a conflict. I will can set static IPs except this dynamic zone.
RE: DHCP server function in WizFi310.
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, Mateusz_Baczewski
Now, I got what you meant.
There is no way to set a dynamic addresses range…
I am sorry about this.
Thanks,