WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by Kei ·
Sorry … The datasheet is incorrect.
Unfortunately, the 108SR does not implement 9bit data bits.
In addition, due to the internal circumstances of the company, additional code support is difficult.
Do you have to use 9bit?
RE: RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by mvoiculescu ·
My application is using 9 bit data word ( one normal byte and the 9th bit determines if it is an address or data) and the
transmission speed is 230400 bps. Do you think that for 9 bit operation only the Configuration tool needs to be modified
( I’ve noticed that the config tool comes with the source code ) . Does the firmware for W7100 needs to be modified ?
Thanks, Mike
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by Kei ·
I have updated the data sheet. I’m sorry we confused you.
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by mvoiculescu ·
Also : is there an older FW that worked with 9 bit data word ? I am very interested in this and it would open the door for a
lot of usages for WIZ108SR . Thanks again, Mike
RE: RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by Kei ·
ConfigTool does not need to be changed.
Rather, it is necessary to change F/W.
At your request, I looked past firmware.
Unfortunately, the old firmware did not support 9bit. “Not Support” is commented …
I have checked 9bit support in other products, but unfortunately there is no product that supports 9bit.
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by mvoiculescu ·
I looked at the W7100 programming guide and it says that the UART has a Mode 3 in which the data word is 9 bit and the
data rate can be customized at around 560 kbps ( needed by my application ). Therefore I think the FW can be modified.
Do you have the source code for the WIZ108SR firmware ? I can try to modify it to see if it works for my parameters. Thanks, Mike
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by Kei ·
Did you check the UART document in the Application Note?
I checked the contents now.
As a company principle, it is not possible to provide the firmware of the module to the customer.
Please contact us directly at support@wiznet.io with the following information:
Thanks.
BR, kei.
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by mvoiculescu ·
There is only application note v.1.0 which has 4 pages and no mention of the UART. What is the AN that you refer to ?
And , yes I will send an email to support@wiznet.io with my details.
Tnx, Mike
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by Kei ·
Is not that the W7100A guide?
Anyway, I checked that your email was received.
Answers will follow after discussing internally.
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by mvoiculescu ·
Hi Kei,
Do you have any news for me ? Did you talk to your colleagues about my request ?
Thanks, Mike
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by Kei ·
I’m sorry for late reply.
We have sent an email regarding our topic, so please check and reply.
RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by mvoiculescu ·
I did sent you what was requested in the email two days ago. Did you receive it ? Thanks, Mike
RE: RE: WIZ108SR 9-bit serial data
by Kei ·
I responded to the email you sent to support@wiznet.io.
I sent an attachment with a firmware file, did not receive the mail?