‘Symmetrical or Asymmetrical' Transformer
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: ‘Symmetrical or Asymmetrical' Transformer
by Eugeny ·
Symmetrical transformer is important in applications which support auto-MDI-X.
W5500’s datasheet states:
Thus I do not think there’s a reason to change transformer type if PHY is properly operational with your chosen one.
RE: RE: ‘Symmetrical or Asymmetrical' Transformer
by jnewcomb ·
The device is going to be plugged into a switch (which supports auto-MDIX)
They will probably use a patch cable, but I don’t want a support request if they use a crossover.
Based on your advice - I suppose I better stick with the reference design as suggested by Wiznet…
Thanks.
RE: ‘Symmetrical or Asymmetrical' Transformer
by Eugeny ·
I am sure it is wise decision