RJ45 connectors - compatible footprint - preferred parts - second source
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: RJ45 connectors - compatible footprint - preferred parts - second source
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hello, jnewcomb
Thank you for your information.
It is so useful!
If there are more, I will add
RE: RE: RJ45 connectors - compatible footprint - preferred parts - second source
by scott WIZnet ·
Hi jnewcomb.
I am H/W engineer in WIZnet.
Thank you for your good information.
I will review this.
You will help a lot of people.
Scott.
RE: RJ45 connectors - compatible footprint - preferred parts - second source
by jnewcomb ·
I can’t work out how to edit my first post, so I’ll append info here…
So, I have a working design… see link below.
J0011D21BNL → Double check the footprint of the device… I think its different…
Price…
I have chosen the J0011D21BNL from PULSE - because we already use it on another product.
Its a good brand and can be purchased from reliable sources for around 1.10 USD. (Check the footprint of the connector)
So, if you have a low cost easy to find device, please share here…
Thanks…
RE: RJ45 connectors - compatible footprint - preferred parts - second source
by mcpat ·
I know the topic is old, but would this RJ45 jack fit, I am planning to make a POE application:
Link-PP LPJ4320GENL
You can see the circuit in the datasheet
I compared with the reference design here and I think it’s correct.
Thank you in advance!
Patrick
RE: RJ45 connectors - compatible footprint - preferred parts - second source
by jnewcomb ·
Hi mcpat,
The LPJ4320GENL Looks good.
Note: The connector I used does not have the 4 x 1nF parts integrated into the connector (as shown in your screenshot)
PULSEJACK part - Clarification…
J0011D21BNL can’t be used with the reference schematic (and my supplied schematic) as Pins 2-4 are shuffled. If you use it, you must change your schematic accordingly.
RE: RE: RJ45 connectors - compatible footprint - preferred parts - second source
by mcpat ·
@jnewcomb Thank you very much! So I give it a try. It will take some time because it’s my hobby, but after testing I will come back and will give a feedback.