W7100A-S2E not found on TCP-IP
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W7100A-S2E not found on TCP-IP
by lawrence WIZnet ·
hello, electros
thank you for your question.
Now, we are concerned about this issue.
Sooner or later, we will support you with it.
So sorry about that I could not solve clearly.
thank you,
lawrence
RE: W7100A-S2E not found on TCP-IP
by irina WIZnet ·
Dear electros,
I recommend you to try the firmware update as the first way to solve the problem.
I attach the W7100A-S2E-64QFN latest firmware - version 4.06 - for you.
W7100A-S2E-QFN64_v4_06.zip (21.9 KB)
Note) Attached application firmware binary is dedicated to the 64QFN package chips.
Please perform (1) firmware update and (2) search + factory reset of the device and report the result to us.
I hope you to solve the problem quickly.
Regards,
Eric
RE: W7100A-S2E not found on TCP-IP
by irina WIZnet ·
Dear electros,
I will add additional information for you.
All our W7100A series package chips are MSL 3 (Moisture Sensitivity Level).
The meaning of this is the description of the attached image, and baking before board mounting is required after a long time has elapsed since the vacuum packaging of the chip was unpacked.
Regards,
Eric
RE: W7100A-S2E not found on TCP-IP
by fsisma ·
Thank you Eric,
I am a colleague of electros.
we will try with the firmware for the 64QFN package as soon as possible. In our country now is holiday and the factory is closed.
We will report the result next week.
At the moment I’m at home and I have only an electronic board with the W7100A-64QFN chip (not the s2e version).
I tried to install the firmware with WizISP in this card but it doesn’t work.
Next week we will try to install it with Configuration Tool by Ethernet in the cards with W7100A-64QFN-s2e chip version
Best regards
RE: W7100A-S2E not found on TCP-IP
by irina WIZnet ·
Dear fsisma,
Our W7100A-S2E firmware of the product consists of two parts(Application boot part and app part), only the app part is released (60kB size). Released firmware at website is used for firmware update using configuration tool only.
If the mentioned issue is not resolved by a firmware update, it may be a problem by moisture depending on storage.
Please try to chip baking before mounting and tell us your hardware production results.
Regards,
Eric
RE: W7100A-S2E not found on TCP-IP
by electros ·
Dear Eric,
I’m glad to inform you that the firmware 4.06 you provided us has solved the problem. Now all the ‘faulty’ boards are immediately detected by the config tool and work correctly.
Thank You very much, I really appreciate your help!
Electros
RE: W7100A-S2E not found on TCP-IP
by Andres Romo ·
@irina_kim , I am working in a similar project and the same issue with the Ethernet connectivity is happening, and I would like to update the FW of the unit, but we are using a different package of the W7100-S2E-100, could you share the FW used for that package: 100LQFP