Can't start-up WIZ108SR
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Can't start-up WIZ108SR
by Edward ·
Hi.
WIZ108SR is RS422/485 operation module.
Configuration tool location is below link
wiznet.co.kr/product-item/wiz108sr/
And I curious your 108sr H/W version.
And where did you buy?
It is 3.3V operation.
more detail information is refer to usermanual.
Thank you
RE: Can't start-up WIZ108SR
by fcouto ·
Edward,
Thank you very much for your attention.
I’ve downloaded the Configuration Tool through the informed link. It’s the same software I’m already using (version 1.4.4.1).
But the problem is that the module still can’t link physically with my Ethernet network. With the Ethernet cable plugged in the RJ45 port, there are no signs of LAN activity (the RJ45 port LEDs do not blink, and the LAN switch in which the module is connected does not indicate a connection in the corresponding port).
In the module board, it’s written “WIZ108SR R1 4”. Is this the H/W version that you are asking? If not, where can I find this information?
We are a Brazilian company, and we have a employee who goes often to the USA. The modules were bought at the American Online Shop (shopwiznet.com/). They were delivered in an USA address that the employee was staying, and then he got back to Brazil bringing the modules.
Yes, I am aware that they are 3.3V powered. I am using a nominal 3.3V power source. After reading your reply, I decided to measure the “real” output of my power source with a voltage meter, and I found out that its output is actually 3.7V!
This diference in voltage can damage the board, or cause it to not work properly?
Thanks
Fillipe Couto
RE: Can't start-up WIZ108SR
by Edward ·
Hi.
WIZ108SR updated version is H/W 1.4 and S/W 1.4.4.1.
And strange measure 3.7V…
Please detail description. (below list)
Please give me test configuration picture and diagram.
There is two LED in wiz108sr RJ-45.
Green is LINK LED , orange is ACT LED.
If it do not working, it was not connection. To network physical layer
And there are big possibility of problem in H/W.
Thank you
RE: Can't start-up WIZ108SR
by fcouto ·
Edward,
Thank you for your support.
I have realized just now what I was doing wrong.
I was not connecting the PIN 4 (nRESET) to 3,3 V after powering up de module.
In the user manual, it is written than this PIN is Active in LOW, so I though that I could just leave this pin floating (like selecting RS-485 in pin 10 - 485_SEL)
Upon connecting the pin 4 to HIGH (3,3 V), it started to work as expected.
My mistake!
Once again, thank you very much for your attention.
Fillipe Couto