W7500P I/O input 5v Tolerant?
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W7500P I/O input 5v Tolerant?
by oetelaar ·
According to datasheet version 104, table 16, page 115 chapter 25.2.1 General operating conditions : NO
Standard operating voltage : 2.7 to 3.6 volt
Vio input voltage on PIN Vss -0.3 (just below zero) to 3.6 volt.
Hope that helps, read datasheet for detail info.
Best regards,
Edwin van den Oetelaar
RE: W7500P I/O input 5v Tolerant?
by joaopaulob ·
Hi Edwin,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
On the page wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … w:electric mention “Input voltage on IO pins (Max 5.6v)”.
On the LPC11U3x page 31 mention “5 V tolerant digital I/O pins”.
Should I follow only the information on W7500P reference manual? Where can I found the 1.0.4 version? I only found the 1.0.3 (wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … m_v103.pdf)
Best regards,
John
RE: W7500P I/O input 5v Tolerant?
by oetelaar ·
[quote=“joaopaulob”]Hi Edwin,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
On the page wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … w:electric mention “Input voltage on IO pins (Max 5.6v)”.
On the LPC11U3x page 31 mention “5 V tolerant digital I/O pins”.
Should I follow only the information on W7500P reference manual? Where can I found the 1.0.4 version? I only found the 1.0.3 (wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … m_v103.pdf)
Best regards,
John[/quote]
The values you quote are under this line:
Absolute maximum ratings
These are stress ratings only and functional operation of the device at these conditions is not implied. Exposure to maximum rating conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.
So I think (and I am not working for wiznet, just a designer for 20 years) that these values should not be applied to the device under normal conditions.
You mention the “LPC11U3x page 31 mention “5 V tolerant digital I/O pins”.” but what do these have to do with the wiznet chip?
Is the wiznet chip really a LPC11U3x ? I have looked at the datasheet and although they both have a cortex M0 core, there are many differences, including the memory map and IO PAD architecture.
I can nowhere find reference to “5 volt tolerant” in the wiznet documents.
wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … s_v104.pdf
RE: W7500P I/O input 5v Tolerant?
by joaopaulob ·
Hi Edwyn,
Thanks for the answer. I’ll follow your advise.
Best regards,
John