Use of D8, D9, D10, D11
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Use of D8, D9, D10, D11
by stinkindiesel ·
Answers to this question are critical to our program. I’ve got a rev A board where the module doesn’t boot and enable the web page like we expect, and I’m running out of time to get rev B changes in.
We are committed to buying several hundred more of these modules if we can get answers soon.
Gary
RE: Use of D8, D9, D10, D11
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, Grey.
We apologize that the development guides are insufficient.
Setting the D8 pin (GPIO_Pin_12, GPIOC) to High state and reboot the WIZ550web, the device go into Boot mode. This function for recovery when a problem occurred. (malfunction of the application firmware)
There are two methods for solving the problem.
The WIZ550web Rev1.1 (will be released) will be available to change to the BOOT mode by use a separate switch.
RE: Use of D8, D9, D10, D11
by stinkindiesel ·
Thanks, Eric.
Just to be clear, do I have to dedicate one of the 16 GPIO’s to be a boot pin (D8 being the one used with the current firmware), or can I use that boot pin for other things once the module has booted? If I can use it for an input, how long should I wait before my base board logic drives it high?
Gary
RE: Use of D8, D9, D10, D11
by stinkindiesel ·
Your answer wasn’t 100% clear, so I asked for some clarification back on Feb 1.
Once again, I really need to understand how (or if) I can use D8 once the module has booted. If I need to dedicate it to the boot function alone, I can deal with that with an artwork change on the base board, but would like to know for sure. I had really hoped that a module advertised as 16-bit I/O really would be…
Gary
RE: Use of D8, D9, D10, D11
by stinkindiesel ·
I would have thought this was a pretty easy question to answer.
Can I or can I not use all 16 bits? If so, under what conditions?
Thanks.
Gary
RE: Use of D8, D9, D10, D11
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi Gray.
I’m sorry for late reply because we are in lunar new year’s holidays.
The total actual pins are 15-bit can be possible to use.
D8 pin is recommended that you do not use because the device enters to the Boot mode when D8 pin is high state and device rebooted.