TCP connection problem
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: TCP connection problem
by Coccoliso ·
[url]TCP Example]
RE: TCP connection problem
by Partha ·
Hi,
W5500 is going into listen mode. This I am able to verify by reading socket 0 status register (I am using socket 0). When I try PING, it works, but when I try to connect through Hyperterminal, not able to connect.
My board ip is - 192.168.1.55
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.1.1
port - 10001
PC ip - 192.168.1.101
subnet - 255.255.255.0
Any suggestions?
Partha
RE: TCP connection problem
by Coccoliso ·
Have you tried to read registers you’ve set to ensure that the SPI is working?
Are you sure to read the status register of the correct socket?
You’re using the sources mentioned above?
You’re using a module or chip on a self-built board ?
RE: TCP connection problem
by Partha ·
Hello,
Yes the SPI is working. I am able to write to registers and read them. I am able to write IP, HW address etc., and also read them and verify. The socket is going to listen, which also I am able to read (0x14). It is only when I try to connect through Hyperterm that it is not getting connected. The status remains “listen” and does not convert to “established”. Hyperterm also displays error “not able to connect”. What could be wrong?
NPS
RE: TCP connection problem
by Coccoliso ·
You have connected PC and device to a router defined as gateway (192.168.1.1) ?
You’re using WIZ550io module or a chip on a self-built board ?
Try to use this program (you need .NET 4) TCP-Client.zip (10.4 KB)
RE: TCP connection problem
by Partha ·
Hi Coccoliso,
No. PC and device are directly connected with a cross cable. I am using W5500 chip, not module. However the problem is resolved. It is the endianness that caused the problem. Port number being 16 bits, I was writing the value directly to the socket port register. This was causing the problem. I exchanged the bytes and now the device is connecting. Thank you very much for your help, support and time. Regards