PHY Connection and Led Error
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: PHY Connection and Led Error
by ashes ·
Additional info:
When I measure 1.8Vout , i see 1.75 volts.
RE: PHY Connection and Led Error
by Coccoliso ·
Hello,
I have used the WIZ811MJ module and just put to 1 with a 10K the /CS line to put the module in SPI mode, then you have to move the /RESET to 0 and back to 1 and then after connecting to the network the LEDs flash accordingly without further action.
I did not look good if the pattern you used definitely have to take as a reference the module that I told you and start from there. I see from the pdf that we are a little too much pull-up resistors and with the WIZ811MJ module does not serve.
RE: PHY Connection and Led Error
by ashes ·
[quote=“Coccoliso”]Hello,
I have used the WIZ811MJ module and just put to 1 with a 10K the /CS line to put the module in SPI mode, then you have to move the /RESET to 0 and back to 1 and then after connecting to the network the LEDs flash accordingly without further action.
I did not look good if the pattern you used definitely have to take as a reference the module that I told you and start from there. I see from the pdf that we are a little too much pull-up resistors and with the WIZ811MJ module does not serve.[/quote]
I put 3.3v to /CS pin directly from MCU output pin.
I connect chip to network after that, i reset chip but nothing is changed. I suspect PHY because i can communicate with chip via SPI i can open socket, get socket’s state but nothing on physical side.
Can RESET_BG pin cause such a problem ? I connect it to ground with 12.25 kohm not 12.3 kohm.
RE: PHY Connection and Led Error
by ashes ·
I use kosmodrom.com.ua/pdf/HR911105A.pdf this ethernet connector and i use normal and cross ethernet cables. May the cable be broken or cross connection break chip’s phy ?
RE: PHY Connection and Led Error
by Coccoliso ·
Hello,
if you intend to use the chip only in SPI mode you should put the / CS directly to Vcc since this is that first of all requires the communication mode.
The value of this resistor is insignificant … I think from 4,7K to 47K all values are identical.
To connect ETH instead be careful if you connect to a hub, a router or PC.
Routers ( and most of hubs) verify the signals and are capable of performing the switch between the TX and RX in the case of cross or not cross cable rj45.
On WIZ811MJ wiznet mount this [url]http://www.i-vis.co.jp/pdf/wiznet/tcpip_chip/magjack/BS-RB10005(005-00).pdf[/url]
RE: PHY Connection and Led Error
by ashes ·
[quote=“Coccoliso”]Hello,
if you intend to use the chip only in SPI mode you should put the / CS directly to Vcc since this is that first of all requires the communication mode.
The value of this resistor is insignificant … I think from 4,7K to 47K all values are identical.
To connect ETH instead be careful if you connect to a hub, a router or PC.
Routers ( and most of hubs) verify the signals and are capable of performing the switch between the TX and RX in the case of cross or not cross cable rj45.
On WIZ811MJ wiznet mount this [url]http://www.i-vis.co.jp/pdf/wiznet/tcpip_chip/magjack/BS-RB10005(005-00).pdf[/url][/quote]
My RJ45’s transformer is 1CT:1CT but the kit’s 1:1 . May that difference be the problem ?
RE: PHY Connection and Led Error
by ashes ·
Finally, i solved the problem. Tx and Rx transformers’ common pins must be connected to 3.3v.