W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
by irinakim ·
Hi ankitmcgill
MISO value is no data when read the register via SPI, is it right?
I’ve found an error in the post:
0x80 is write operation and data length ‘0’
Therefore, MISO is no operation and ‘0’ value is correct.
If you want to read the register, you should be setting the opcode value as ‘0’.
thanks
EK
RE: W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
by ankitmcgill ·
[quote=“ekkim”]Hi ankitmcgill
MISO value is no data when read the register via SPI, is it right?
I’ve found an error in the post:
0x80 is write operation and data length ‘0’
Therefore, MISO is no operation and ‘0’ value is correct.
If you want to read the register, you should be setting the opcode value as ‘0’.
thanks
[/quote]
EK
Hi EK,
In the logic analyzer output that I’ve posted above the data I am sending on to MOSI line is,
byte 1 : 0x00 (address upper byte)
byte 2 : 0x19 (address lower byte)
byte 3 : 0x80 (write opcode | Length upper 7 bits)
byte 4 : 0x01 (length lower 8 bits)
byte 5 : 0x08 (data to be written)
This should write 0x08 to location 0x19 (RCR)
In the second SPI transfer I am sending the following on MOSI
byte 1 : 0x00 (address upper byte)
byte 2 : 0x19 (address lower byte)
byte 3 : 0x00 (read opcode | Length upper 7 bits)
byte 4 : 0x01 (length lower 8 bits)
byte 5 : 0x00 (dummy data)
This should read 1 byte off the address 0x19 (RCR) and hence I should get 0x08 on the MISO line. Isn’t that correct way of doing?
Thanks
Ankit
RE: W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
by irinakim ·
Hi~
You are right.
but in case of RCR, this register have initial value as ‘0x08’.
RCR write the value after it read the value.
Please refer to the attached picture.(for example, 0x0001(GAR0))
This picture measure the SPI communication using oscilloscope about Read/Write operaion.
thanks
EK
RE: W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
by ankitmcgill ·
Dear Ekk, I am not sure if I understood what you wrote . Can you please clarify.
Also i tried with another wiz820io module and this time when I power on, I get both the orange and green lights on the RJ45 jack blinking. They just keep on blinking. The module is not able to get a link.
Thanks !
ankit
RE: W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
by irinakim ·
Hi~
First checking point,

Please confirm the attached file.
- After power on, nRESET status high → low ->high
- Please confirm the nSS(low) during MOSI transmission.
- PWDN set up the ‘low’
- we does support SPI Mode0 and SPI Mode3.
second,
Please let me know the operation frequency?
The last,
wiz820io is no blinking and no SPI communication when power on. Is it correct?
If wiz820io module is a faulty product, we will provide RMA until warranty.
Thanks,
EK
RE: W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
by ankitmcgill ·
Dear Ek,
Thank you for the support.
I did find the issue. The i/o pin from which I was controlling the nReset line to the Wiz820io module was faulty and was never going down to 0V. Hence the module was never getting resetted.
Using a different pin for nReset on my MCU solved the issue.
The module is working perfectly now
RE: W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
by irinakim ·
Hi~
I’m also pleased that the problem have been resolved.
I’ll be right here it you need me.
Thanks
EK
RE: W5200 (WIZ820io) module - No Data on MISO line
by aserhasan ·
Hello everyone,
I’ve exactly the same problem, but I don’t get how to fix it yet?
What does the reset pin has to do with the W5200? do I’ve to do a reset while reading?