Serial Command Mode Crash
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Serial Command Mode Crash
by ssekim ·
Hello Paul
(1)
I couldn’t reproduce what you said.
What is the serial-terminal-tool which you used?
How about try it again with another terminal-program?
(2)
I’m not sure why the module didn’t respond.
But, about this issue, I want you to confirm the response for each command.
RE: Serial Command Mode Crash
by SomeUser ·
Hello,
I have resolved Issue #1. I was using a ATEN usb to serial converter, it doesn’t like the flow control connected but not used. My resolution is to only connect the TX, RX and GND pins, then the terminal is almost perfect (issue #2 remains)
As for Issue #2:
I have set my terminal program to echo my typed characters here is the response:
<Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28>
<Sv1.1.28><Sv1.1.28>[color=#FF0000]>[/color]<RF
(I’m using real term, but the problem exists for HyperTerminal and putty, infact I’m trying to use the module with an embedded MCU, and this is where I found this problem. My MCU was communicating with module before it was powered and running, sometimes the module didn’t respond. Upon debugging I discovered this feature)
Thanks,
Paul
RE: Serial Command Mode Crash
by ssekim ·
Hello
I tested it again.

As you said, after extra “>”, WizFi630 didn’t respond, but after some seoncds, it responded it after some seconds.
Refer to the below. (I tested it with v1.1.31)