RX and TX pins carry no voltage
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: RX and TX pins carry no voltage
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, Wolfagang.
Would you please attach the board schematic and transformer’s datasheet in this post?
(and other material that will help to solve the problem anything)
I can reply after reviewing your materials I guess.
Regards,
Eric.
RE: RX and TX pins carry no voltage
by Wolfgang ·
Dear Eric,
attached are transformer datasheet, Orcad Board design, and the W5300 part as image.
Please, consider, we are not dealing with slightly bad bahaviour, but:
And consequently, also any data modulation never can appear at these pins.
While internally, the software behaves as it would send data.
Some comments to board design: 1.8V is usually taken from an extra supply on the board. But I also switched it to the 1V8O of W5300, no changes.
Kind regards, Wolfgang.
RE: RX and TX pins carry no voltage
by irina WIZnet ·
Dear Wolfgang.
Thank you for material attachment.
Our H/W engineer will reply to you soon.
Regards,
Eric.
RE: RX and TX pins carry no voltage
by peter ·
There is some different with our W5300reference.
I think Pin2, 7 Of Transformer should connect to 3.3VA.
Please try it and compare with w5300 internal phy reference again.(as below link.)
wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/en/ … 12&cType=2
Thanks,
RE: RX and TX pins carry no voltage
by Wolfgang ·
Dear Peter,
thank you, I will try this amendment in the schematic.
Sorry, but I followed only to “Fig. 19 Internal PHY & LED Signals” in your datasheet, where this additional power supply is not visible.
I’ll come back to you with the experimental results, as soon as I’ve checked your proposition.
Already now, thank you all for your remarkable reliable communication.
Kind regards, Wolfgang.
RE: RX and TX pins carry no voltage
by Wolfgang ·
Dear Peter,
I added these 2 power supply knots on my board, and it works now.
Thank you, great help! (Although you could add them already to the W5300 data sheet)
Wolfgang.
RE: RX and TX pins carry no voltage
by sumit singhal ·
Hi Wolfgang,
We need to interface W5300 with ADSP 21489. IS it possible for you to share device driver code for the same.
Regards,
Sumit Singhal