Ping from W5500
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Ping from W5500
by jdcowpland ·
Hi, I’m not having any issues connecting my chip to the network. It’s on the network fine and I’ve got Static and DHCP both working. What I want to do is send data to a server on my network, but sometimes the server will be turned off, so I want my module to ping the server at regular intervals so I know when it’s online…
RE: Ping from W5500
by jdcowpland ·
Ok great thanks! Also, is there anyway the chip can detect the network speed. It can obviously support 10 and 100 mbps speeds, but I would like it to be able to detect the speed automatically when connected and apply whatever speed is supported.
RE: Ping from W5500
by jdcowpland ·
Just tried implementing the ping code from the coocox code. Also been looking at the documentation for it. It mentions setting up the socket protocol as ICMP, which makes sense, and it talks about a Sn_PROTO register, which from the CooCox code, should be at position 0x0014. But the datasheet marks that register as reserved. I’ve tried sending the packets, and wireshark marks them as Protocol 0: IPv6 hop-by-hop option. Everything else in the packet seems legit. Is there a firmware upgrade for the chip or something that enables the PROTO register for raw ip?
RE: Ping from W5500
by jdcowpland ·
Sorry not sure I understand. Are you saying the register is write protected?
RE: Ping from W5500
by jdcowpland ·
Hi,
Thanks got it working now. On another note, the w5500 has the ability to communicate at 10Mbps or 100Mbps. Do you know of any simple way for the w5500 to automatically detect the network speed and set it to the right one?
RE: Ping from W5500
by jdcowpland ·
Hi yes, I’m aware that I can configure it manually, but what I want to do is write some code which automatically detects the network speed and then configures the phy. Is that possible?
RE: Ping from W5500
by nver ·
Hi Wiznet
If IPRAW mode is supported on W5500 why its not documented in the datasheet ? I just checked W5500 datasheet v1.0.4 13 June 2014 and its still not there.
Is there any reason for not publishing it?
RE: Ping from W5500
by avivf ·
Hello.
I read the answer, but couldn’t understand how to set the protocol.
I see that the func/macro of Sn_PROTO() does not exist any more.
So, what is the solution for that issue in W5500?
Thanks,
Aviv
RE: Ping from W5500
by Coccoliso ·
From W5500.h header file…
RE: Ping from W5500
by warwick ·
When is the complete W5500 manual coming…
All the examples of using ICMP revert to un documented registers, which are not listed…
The W5200 had a proto register at 0x0018 but that seams to be missing…
and the New library’s for the W5500 have all the socket macros removed…