How do I address the 5500io module
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: How do I address the 5500io module
by Garbonzo ·
I managed to get this far by connecting the Wiznet 5500io board directly to my computer. But still do not know what I need to do next to configure the board for a different IP address and receive my SPI input data.
RE: How do I address the 5500io module
by Garbonzo ·
Ok, I think I am starting to get the idea that I have to write a new IP and MAC address to the chip (is that right?).
have used the Microchip Serial Analyzer as a convenient way to write I2C and SPI to configure chips before.
I am assuming I should write to these addresses…
My question is what pins do I have to hold to ground or place high or whatever else I need to do to Write over the current default IP and MAC address?
Is there a data string that some one knows that would be sent to configure these parameters. Like say i wanted an IP address of 192.168.5.33 and a MAC address of 05 A4 67 D8 F5 E9 for example. Of course a similar data string could also be used to configure “PPPoE” or other parameters etc right ?.?.?..
Please advise if you can, help me along thanks!
RE: How do I address the 5500io module
by Garbonzo ·
Whats wrong with this picture?
I sent 0x00,0x09,0x00 to the W5500 and get nothing back. Wiznet Chipselect is “ENABLED” low.
RE: How do I address the 5500io module
by sjoerd ·
Hi Garbonzo,
The best way to start is to port the W5500 ioLibrary_BSD driver (can be found here [url]http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w5500:driver[/url] to your platform
Then, as a test, implement your own version of the loopback test like this one for the mbed: [url]http://mbed.org/users/jbkim/code/W5500_Driver/docs/2513c6696bdc/main_8cpp_source.html[/url]
After that, i’m sure you know what to do to continue with your project
-sjoerd
RE: How do I address the 5500io module
by jbkim ·
Hi Garbonzo,
It seems you get the ping reply from the WIZ550io. The default IP address is 192.168.1.2 and the MAC address 00.08.dc.1d.29.d7.
This information is stored in the microchip on the WIZ550io and initialized when the power is up.
You don’t need to change the default IP address and you can change it by writing the Source IP address register.
As sjoerd recommend you’d better port the W5500 library to your MCU.
[url]http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=connectthemagic[/url]