UDP Broadcast on WIZ120SR
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: UDP Broadcast on WIZ120SR
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi.
I’m a little confused about next configuration.
Would you please attach your system block diagram? (including assigned IP address and port number of devices)
and, what does mean - the ‘card’?
please explain more your situation.
Regard,
Eric.
RE: UDP Broadcast on WIZ120SR
by GESLAB ·
Hi, Thanks for the reply, my block diagram is attached.
The Logging PC is setup to receive UDP on Ports 62001 & 62002 and display it on the screen, once set up I don’t need to change this.
1/ If I have the setup as shown then the data seen by the logging PC is corrupted while reading Ports 62001 & 62002.
2/ If I change the Wiz120SR to a Remote IP of 192.168.1.123 on both ports then the Logging PC data is OK.
3/ I can have either port on the WIZ120 with a Remote IP to 192.168.1.123 and the second with a Remote IP of 192.168.1.255 (broadcast) and the data is also OK at the Logging PC.
Any ideas, or am I doing something stupid?
RE: UDP Broadcast on WIZ120SR
by irina WIZnet ·
We tested ‘data transfer over UDP’ using broadcast in WIZ120SR(fw v1.3), but the test PC received all correct data.
* Dataflow : [Serial devices] => serial => [WIZ120SR port #1, #2] => Ethernet => [PC] * Serial data : 40 byte, Transmitted per 1 second. * WIZ120SR port #1, Serial : 9600-8-N-1, operation mode : UDP, Remote IP : 192.168.1.255, local & remote port : 62001 * WIZ120SR port #2, Serial : 9600-8-N-1, operation mode : UDP, Remote IP : 192.168.1.255, local & remote port : 62002How often does the ‘serial device’ send data to the ‘logging PC’? Please try to adjust the ‘Data Packing Condition’ in configuration tool.
If you possible, would you please post the captured packet at the moment of corrupt? (wireshark)
RE: UDP Broadcast on WIZ120SR
by GESLAB ·
Just wondering how I would capture this packet for you? What software do I need to do that. Please advise.
RE: UDP Broadcast on WIZ120SR
by irina WIZnet ·
The Wireshark is a network packet analyzer. this tool is used for troubleshooting network problems.
If possible, please post the captured packet at the moment of corrupt on logging PC using Wireshark program.
Captured packet is helpful for solve a problem I guess.
And, did you adjust the ‘Data Packing Condition’ options in configuration tool? (e.g. adjust the ‘timer’ value)
RE: UDP Broadcast on WIZ120SR
by GESLAB ·
I downloaded Wireshark as per your recommendation and had a look at the data.
It took me a while to make sense of what I was seeing but after a few hours getting used to it I can see how useful it really could be.
My UDP data was very fragmented, many contained just a single byte of data, so as per your other suggestion I set the ‘Data Packing Condition’ (in my case to <0A> = LF) and this gave full “packets” containing one string of serial data per broadcast “packet”. (Not sure if packet is the correct word here but you probably get the idea).
The serial data was at 10 time per second in both cases but the logging software is now seeing it correctly so this is now working OK so I guess the fragmentation was the cause of the problem.
Thanks for your assistance, I am rather new to this.