Problem with order of serial commands
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by kaizen ·
Hi
I think that command’s response has some bug. Although command return <4> response, WizFi630’s operation is well.
If you want another command, refer to below.
If you want to use environment as below.
You have to use this command.
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by nils333 ·
Hi,
the command is no option, because we work with fixed IP address.
Is there another workaround instead of using command ?
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by kaizen ·
Hi
the command is no option, because we work with fixed IP address.
Is there another workaround instead of using command ?
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by nils333 ·
Hi,
I thought the command is necessary in order to make a new AP known to the Wiznet module ?
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by kaizen ·
Hi
command is not necessary in order to connect your AP and WizFi630(AP-Client Mode).
For connecting WizFi630(AP-Client Mode) to your AP, there are two method.
First Method
Second Method
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by nils333 ·
Sorry but I Don ’ t understand.
You say there is no need for using PI command in order to connect module an AP but then you tell me, that the second method
to do so is PI command.
What exactly does the PI command perform ?
My experience to a brand new unknown AP was, that besides of the security settings, the module
somehow needs to get informed about the APs BSSID. With Web Access this could be performed by the connect action,
which filled this information into the Form.
So if there is a way to command the APs BSSID to The module it might be the easiest way to perform
a switchover from one AP to another ?
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by kaizen ·
Hi
What exactly does the PI command perform ?
somehow needs to get informed about the APs BSSID. With Web Access this could be performed by the connect action,
which filled this information into the Form.
So if there is a way to command the APs BSSID to The module it might be the easiest way to perform
a switchover from one AP to another ?
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by nils333 ·
Hi,
I have tested both solutions:
At first using the command for setting the modules security followed by command and command.
As stated before I get the <4> response for the command response, checking the web page, everything is fine, but no connect.
Using the second solution I at first apply the change in formerly stated commands(see former message), I perform and command followed by for flash. It is very strange, that as soon as I have to change the SSID via command, the response time for increases to several seconds. Then I perform command for reboot. After that, no connection again.
I check the web page of the module and every single setting has been assigned correctly.
BUT, the indicated MAC address of the AP(which is marked as optional) is still the one of the former assigned AP.
As soon as I apply the correct MAC address of the AP and perform ‘apply’ action the connection is established.
So the modules behaviour is exactly as I have expected all the time.
As your current solutions don’t work in anyway I urgently ask you for a working solution, as I have already spent over 2 weeks for exploring the circumstances around the modules configuration.

To give you another help:
If I perform the manual action to alter the APs MAC address on the web page, the serial command interface returns the following string as a response to a cyclic request for the module status:
S1_iwconfig apcli0 | grep ESSID | cut -f2 -d" /
AP configuration.txt (2.5 KB)
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by kaizen ·
Hi nils333
I am sorry for late reply and we did not provide clearly solution.
Our test team does test about issue for supporting clearly solution.
Do you wait some time into your busy schedule? We will try to support solution.
Thank you.
RE: Problem with order of serial commands
by nils333 ·
Hi,
I really appreciate your support, so please let me know, if I can support you with additional information in order to get this problem fixed.