---
title: "W5300 with external phy dosn't work"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9893"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9893/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "parham200"
created: "2014-02-04T07:00:57+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:31:13+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 567
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5300 with external phy dosn't work

## Question

Asked by parham200 on 2014-02-04 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi
I have W5300 with ATXmega32 MCU and I use External PHY (REALTEK)
Data transfering between Xmega and W5300 work well But when I plug in RJ45 cable ,system doesn’t recognize it and unplug cable message is show.and I can’t send or rcv any data!!
I change RJ45 jack but it doesn’t work.
I Really don’t know what the problem is!! Is it related on Rj45 or external phy??
Can u help me? If yes I will be very surprise!
Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by parham200, 2014-02-05

thanks midnightcow
my shematic is as same as the shematic ,i maked it base on the above shematic.
but still it dosn’t work

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9893
