---
title: "Wiznet 110SR - need help with configuration, please"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9868"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9868/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "MizuSVK"
created: "2014-01-25T14:03:31+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:31:15+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 743
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wiznet 110SR - need help with configuration, please

## Question

Asked by MizuSVK on 2014-01-25 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hello,
I ordered 110SR month ago, and I have trouble to configure it correctly, I am newbie with such devices.

- I have device with serial port - Satel Integra, and I want to access that device remotely via PC, the device (Satel) could be accessed only through COM port, (as the Satel communication software uses only COM ports). I want to use the 110SR as the ethernet bridge between PC and Satel like following:

PC with Satel communication software -use COM1 ----- ETHERNET ---- COM port on Satel integra device

I setup the 110SR with ip address 192.168.1.5, setup is as SERVER (I want to access the 110SR from computer), see attached picture01.jpg and on the computer where I want to use the Satel communication software for Satel Integra I installed and configured the VIZ VSP software, see attached picture02.jpg , as you can see I created virtual COM1 port.

Then I run my Satel communication software connected it to COM1, but nothing happened, I cannot connect to the device (192.168.1.5 is pingable and responds to ping). I can see that some data are send to COM1 (part “sent” in picture02.jpg, but from the device there are not sent any data (received=0)) Could someone help me what I am doing wrong with my setup ?
![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/73bad80913ece24248b27ca3c31ba1bf134f6195.jpg)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/dfe54dfbc64e195f631133bfb96d53e32793c63b.jpg)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ywkwon, 2014-01-27

Well… Check the other device that has same IP address as “192.168.1.5”
I guess the VSP tring to connect another device that has same IP address.
Your setting is fine.

### Reply 2 by MizuSVK, 2014-01-27

Hi, thanks for the reply, i was connected via ethernet cable directly to 110sr (computer to wiznet), there were no other devices. Ping to 110sr responded. Any other ideas how to run this setup?

### Reply 3 by ywkwon, 2014-02-03

It was Lunar New Year holiday in South Korea.
So, I’m late to reply.

Turn off all firewall of your PC.
I guess your firewall will defend connection.

If you face same problem after turn off the firewall,
Check the connection using other TCP client program.

### Reply 4 by MizuSVK, 2014-02-08

There is no firewall on machine from I want to connect.
What do you mean using other TCP client program ? to test if I can connect to virtual com port ?
Satel is using only proprietary software, and there is no other software I can connect to device with ![:frowning:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/frowning.png?v=12)

When I am using USB to serial dongle, everything is working correctly.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9868
