---
title: "Config Serial Port#2 via Port#1"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9857"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9857/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "hardix"
created: "2014-01-22T12:44:52+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:31:05+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 485
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Config Serial Port#2 via Port#1

## Question

Asked by hardix on 2014-01-22 in Wireless.

Is it possible to configure serial port#1 via serial port#2?
Or can I use a configuration file via a TCP port for setting port#1?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by kaizen, 2014-01-22

Hi

It is impossible to configure serial port#1 via serial port#2.
And it is also impossible to set serial port #1 via TCP port.

### Reply 2 by hardix, 2014-01-23

Hi kaizen,

how much will it cost to make it possible to configure the serial port 1 via port 2?

### Reply 3 by hardix, 2014-01-24

Hi Kaizen,

I understand that something is not as quick to change.
Can I read and write the configuration file (var/2860.dat) via the serial port?
Or do you have another idea how I can adjust the serial port 1 via port 2?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9857
