---
title: "How to make a tcp packet by our own using Ostinato software"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9837"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9837/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "IO Modules"
author: "prashantkumar"
created: "2014-01-17T12:44:22+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:59+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1045
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to make a tcp packet by our own using Ostinato software

## Question

Asked by prashantkumar on 2014-01-17 in IO Modules.

Hello ,
I am working on Wiznet 812MJ module (having W5100 chip) .
I am trying to send a packet using Ostinato to my embedded board having this module connected with it through SPI .
In my case Ostinato shows packet send but on my side i am not getting any packet . Even the Flow graph doesn’t show 3 way hand shaking signals it only shows RST signal .
After looking for the solution for quite a while i got to know that this s/w doesn’t synchronise , it only sends the packet , Is this correct ??
In one case : I tried to send the TCP packets from PC1 to PC2 , my packets got correctly transmitted and received the correct data , then i could not understand why not with my board ?

waiting for reply
Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jbkim, 2014-01-18

If you got the RST packet from your board, first check your board is listening correctly.
For the network debugging, I recommend to use the Wireshark ([url][http://www.wireshark.org/\[/url\]](http://www.wireshark.org/%5B/url%5D))

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9837
