---
title: "Rong name for w5100 chip"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9804"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9804/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "simielk"
created: "2014-01-08T21:34:38+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:54+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 960
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Rong name for w5100 chip

## Question

Asked by simielk on 2014-01-08 in Ethernet Chips.

hi
I have some ethernet boards with w5100 and all displayng different names wen connected to network . Instead of Wznet they have name of some companys . How can I change that ?
Thank you

## Replies

### Reply 1 by simielk, 2014-01-09

Thank you for reply . I mean the name that can you see next to the IP address after a IP network scan , like in the attached image. With Arduino generated firmware the name is not present but when I use Flowcode to compile the firmware ,the name is present.

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/c3dcd3af42a3011defcebb882ebe08f9ef48a7a3.png) 1152×648 39.1 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/c3dcd3af42a3011defcebb882ebe08f9ef48a7a3.png)

### Reply 2 by simielk, 2014-01-09

I figured out where the problem was. The first three bytes of the MAC address is the OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier)​​. Because I change the first three bits instead of changing the last three, found all sorts of weird names when scanning IP addresses. For Wiznet the address should be 00:08:DC:xx:xx:xx .

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9804
