---
title: "W5300 Sn_RX_RSR doesn't match Packet-info in indirect mode"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9790"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9790/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "and"
created: "2014-01-02T22:07:10+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:49+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 459
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5300 Sn_RX_RSR doesn't match Packet-info in indirect mode

## Question

Asked by and on 2014-01-02 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

I’ve been using the W5300 in 16-bit direct mode for the past several years have decided to try switching to indirect mode to reduce pin count, but as soon as I switch over, I noticed that Sn_RX_RSR reports a different value in 16-bit indirect mode.

In direct mode, both values would be the same, but in indirect mode, the Sn_RX_RSR value is rounded up if it is an odd number and includes the size of packet-info. Ex in direct mode, both packet-info and Sn_RX_RSR reads 9, but in indirect mode, Sn_RX_RSR would read 12 while packet-info reads 9. Has anybody else seen such behavior?

Thanks

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9790
