---
title: "How to test the timeout condiyion in w5100"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9779"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9779/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "prashantkumar"
created: "2013-12-27T12:10:42+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:47+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 566
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to test the timeout condiyion in w5100

## Question

Asked by prashantkumar on 2013-12-27 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello ,
I want to detect the timeout condition for wiz5100(my module acts as a server) , For this i connected my wiz5100 module to my P.C. and established a connection to one of the port of my module . I have used the SEND_KEEP
command which makes the module to send 1 Byte data continuosly to detect wheather my connection is ok or not . But i am not confident about how to test this case I have enabled this command for a particular socket only after it receives some data from user provided it is connected first .
What i tried is , I simply removed the ethernet cable on the P.C. side(it acts as a user end in my case) but i didn’t got any TIMEOUT or DISCONNECT interrupt . It simply showed "connect fail " on AX1 software .
Can you help me out to test the above condition .

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2013-12-30

Hi,

Did you mean 'i didn’t got any TIMEOUT or DISCONNECT interrupt ’ is Sn_IR never be changed??

If you that, I think you had accessed wrong address.

Please, check your code and try one more.

And you can test timeout condition by your method(just disconnect lan cable).

Best regards.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9779
