---
title: "Connecting to an Android mobile AP"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9765"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9765/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "HEN"
created: "2013-12-23T12:13:13+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:45+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 428
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Connecting to an Android mobile AP

## Question

Asked by HEN on 2013-12-23 in Wireless.

Hi,

```
      haven't had any luck attaching to an Android mobile phone hot spot.  The set of commands I send is -
```

AT+WPAPSK=AndroidAP,password
AT+NDHCP=0
AT+NSET=192.168.0.10,255.255.255.0,192.168.0.10
AT+WAUTO=0,AndroidAP,6
AT+NAUTO=1,1,8011
ATA

```
I have used the commands in the easy setup guide and connected to a modem successfully.  I have adjusted those commands for the mobile phone, as listed above, but have had no success.
```

The mobile phone supports 802.11b and WPA2 PSK. However I do not get a connection.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

```
       Thanks

                HEN
```

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2013-12-24

Hello Hen

For WPA-passphrase, you should use AT+WWPA command.
Refer to the below at commands.

AT+WD
[OK]
AT+WM=0
[OK]
AT+WWPA=12345678
[OK]
AT+NDHCP=0
[OK]
AT+NSET=192.168.3.50,255.255.255.0,192.168.3.1
[OK]
AT+WA=WizFiDemoAP
IP SubNet Gateway
192.168.3.50: 255.255.255.0: 192.168.3.1
[OK]

Steve

### Reply 2 by HEN, 2013-12-25

Hi Steve,

```
             I see.  Thanks for that.
```

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9765
