---
title: "Invoke a URL"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9730"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9730/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "General"
author: "koldiodo"
created: "2013-12-11T23:09:19+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:54+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 889
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Invoke a URL

## Question

Asked by koldiodo on 2013-12-11 in General.

Hi all:

With the WIZ200WEB module, is it possible to program it to call a URL from the code? I mean that the module invokes the URL by itself (periodically or when a certain condition happens).

Thanks in advance.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2013-12-12

Hi koldiodo,
I’m sorry but your question is not well understood.
would you please explain more detail?
(‘invoke a URL’ means ‘implements HTTP client with DNS client’ ?)

Regards,
Eric.

### Reply 2 by koldiodo, 2013-12-12

Hi Eric:
I would like to send some values calculated inside the program, to a webpage on the net through a webform on that external page. So I need to periodically invoke something like this: “http://webpage_url/formresponse?entry1=value1&entry2=value2”(value1 and value2 are known, calculated inside the code).

I don’t think the complete HTTP client is needed, because I don’t need to process the answer of that URL.

I hope it’s clear now.
Thanks!

### Reply 3 by irina, 2014-01-10

I guess, that function would be possible to performed on WIZ200WEB board.
You have to implement your function by referring to the WIZ200WEB source code.

Regards,
Eric.

### Reply 4 by irina, 2014-01-13

Please refer to WIZ200WEB webpage example.
The ‘Analog Input’ page shows analog input data on webpage when a certain condition happens(data changes, Ajax),
and ‘Digital Input’ and ‘Temperature Read’ page shows data on webpage periodically(webpage refresh using HTML meta tag).
Remember, If you want to implement a specific web function, need modify both of the source code and webpage code.

Regards,
Eric.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9730
