---
title: "Need help"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9723"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9723/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "jammyjam"
created: "2013-12-05T03:05:10+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:37+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 417
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Need help

## Question

Asked by jammyjam on 2013-12-05 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Can anyone tell me the Name of the regulator behind the power supply. I plugge dwrong adapter and need to replace it. On board behind plug power adapter, it is +C19 on the board. Need to order a replacement. Thanks for your help.
![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/d53ea3aa8e29de4d267f133fbcd2fc6ec41cf751.jpg)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by peter, 2013-12-05

There is 3.3V Regulator(U5).
The parts name is LM1117MPX-3.3
It is SOT-223 package.

Thanks

### Reply 2 by jammyjam, 2013-12-05

Thanks peter. I could read that one. The one I need the info on is right before the 3.3 it is the orange one right next to the power and before the 3.3

### Reply 3 by peter, 2013-12-06

You can use general tantalum-capacitor at C19.
It is 10uF/16V and B-case(3.5mm x 2.8mm).

Thanks.

### Reply 4 by jammyjam, 2013-12-06

Would it be feasible to use a resin dipped tantalum capacitor or best to get the same thing as the board has already? I guess I’m asking if there is a major difference. Thanks. Youve been a marvelous help

### Reply 5 by jammyjam, 2013-12-09

Thanks Peter. You wrre a great help in tracking down that capacitor. Went to radio shack and found a standard tantalum cap with pos and neg leads and soldered on board. Back up and running. 10uf16v of course. Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9723
