---
title: "Configuring over Wifi"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9708"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9708/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "HEN"
created: "2013-11-28T11:40:40+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:37+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 513
replies: 6
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Configuring over Wifi

## Question

Asked by HEN on 2013-11-28 in Wireless.

Hi,

```
 the programming guide gives lots of AT commands to input via the serial port.  Is it possible to issue these commands over a WiFi link?  I am planning on using the serial port to connect permanently to another device, so being able to do configuration changes over WiFi would be quite useful.

      Thanks
```

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2013-12-03

No, you can’t.
You can issue at-commands only via UART.

Steve

### Reply 2 by HEN, 2013-12-03

Hi Steve,

```
        thanks for that.  So I can stop looking for that option;-)


               Cheers
```

### Reply 3 by tdanro, 2013-12-08

Hi,

If I send the command AT&V over serial to a WizFi module after a factory RESET I get the following data:

STORED PROFILE 0
E1 V1 B=115200,8,N,1 &K0 &R0
+NDHCP=0 +NSET=192.168.1.254,255.255.255.0,192.168.1.1
+DNS1=0.0.0.0, +DNS2=0.0.0.0
+WM=0 +WAUTO=2,“MyVNA”,
+WRETRY=5 +WP=0 +WRXPS=0 +WRXACTIVE=1
+NAUTO=1,1,0.0.0.0,4000
+WAUTH=0 +WWPA=“”+PSK-valid=0 +SSID=
+WWEP1=0000000000 +WWEP2= +WWEP3= +WWEP4=
+WEAPCONF=13,26,
S0=01000 S1=00500 S2=00500 S3=00003 S4=00010 S5=00150
+BDATA=0 +WSEC=0
+XEB=0 +XE2B=27 +XDUM=1 +XEHT=2,1,0,3 +XAIRCMDPORT=5001
+XDO=0,0,0 +XAR=0 +XUAP=0 +XPSO=0,0

STORED PROFILE 1
E1 V1 B=115200,8,N,1 &K0 &R0
+NDHCP=0 +NSET=192.168.1.254,255.255.255.0,192.168.1.1
+DNS1=0.0.0.0, +DNS2=0.0.0.0
+WM=0 +WAUTO=0,“WizFiAP”,
+WRETRY=5 +WP=0 +WRXPS=0 +WRXACTIVE=1
+NAUTO=1,1,0.0.0.0,4000
+WAUTH=0 +WWPA=“”+PSK-valid=0 +SSID=
+WWEP1=0000000000 +WWEP2= +WWEP3= +WWEP4=
+WEAPCONF=13,26,
S0=01000 S1=00500 S2=00500 S3=00003 S4=00010 S5=00150
+BDATA=0 +WSEC=0
+XEB=0 +XE2B=27 +XDUM=1 +XEHT=2,1,0,3 +XAIRCMDPORT=5001
+XDO=0,0,0 +XAR=0 +XUAP=0 +XPSO=0,0

There is a parameter named XAIRCMDPORT=5001
Considering the name, seems to be a command port over WiFi, but maybe I’m wrong. I was able to successfully send a command like:
AT+XAIRCMDPORT=5555
and then to try to connect to TCP port 5555, but it doesn’t work.
What’s at the end the meaning of this parameter/command?
This is not documented in the user guide.

Thank you,
Dan

### Reply 4 by ssekim, 2013-12-09

Hi tdanro

In the early WizFi210-F/W, it supported that feature.
But, because of some memory limitation, it didn’t support in a standard WizFi210 F/W, anymore.

Steve

### Reply 5 by tdanro, 2013-12-09

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your answer. Would be great to be able to send even a limited number of commands directly over WiFi (through a direct TCP connection or through HTTP).

Dan

### Reply 6 by ssekim, 2013-12-10

Hi Tdanro

I guess that WizFi210/220 shall not support that function(AT Command via WiFi) for a long time.
Sorry about that.

But, WizFi250 can support a configuration via WiFi/HTTP, now.
And, it will support , soon.

How about WizFi250 instead of Wizfi210?

Steve

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9708
