---
title: "Connecting to WIZ105SR from different Gateway"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9665"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9665/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "wirelessM2M"
created: "2013-11-06T15:01:34+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:25+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 408
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Connecting to WIZ105SR from different Gateway

## Question

Asked by wirelessM2M on 2013-11-06 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hello,

```
      I am successfully able to send messages to WIZ105SR from different PC's in the same gateway using the "Device Terminal" program. However, I am not able to do so using PC's in different gateways. 

     How can I send messages from remote PC?
```

Thanks,
WirelessM2M

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ywkwon, 2013-11-07

Hello,

Did you ping to WIZ105SR from remote PC?
And did it success?
If you didn’t success to ping, You need to check your network environments.

Thanks.

### Reply 2 by wirelessM2M, 2013-11-07

I am able to successfully ping from my home PC but cannot ping from a remote PC. The IP address that I have set for WIZ105SR is not visible from outside. I need to be able to get to my router and then to WIZ105SR. I just dont know how to go about doing this?

Thanks.

### Reply 3 by ywkwon, 2013-11-08

Both devices must have a public IP address.
Please check the IP address of both devices(WIZ105SR and Remote PC).
If you mean the router is residential gateway, maybe your router has a public IP address.
And your router gives private IP address to WIZ105SR.
In this case, set the port forwarding option of your router.

### Reply 4 by wirelessM2M, 2013-11-09

Thanks! I have enabled port forwarding and it works great!

Thanks again.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9665
