---
title: "Problem in AVR Studio"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9646"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9646/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "General"
author: "GSTGC"
created: "2013-10-24T13:13:09+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:31+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 959
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Problem in AVR Studio

## Question

Asked by GSTGC on 2013-10-24 in General.

Hello everyone,

I just bought a WIZ200web board, and try to build the firmware project available on the website (wiz-web).

After import the project as an AVR Studio 4 project [edit: I use AVR Studio 6.1], I get an error message when I try to build the project :
[ERROR] Failed to Retrieve the Version Information for the utilty C:\WinAVR\bin\avr-gcc.exe with arguments -v

This error seems to be caused by the compiler toolchain but I don’t know how to fix it. Do you have any idea about what can generate this kind of error?

Thanks for helping,

Guillaume

## Replies

### Reply 1 by GSTGC, 2013-10-28

Hi, Problem “solve”, if anyone have this situation : I dl AVR studio 4 SP1 in Atmel archive and the project can be built perfectly.

### Reply 2 by irina, 2013-11-26

That’s right.
WIZ200web firmware is developed using AVR Studio 4 SP1.
Please refer to it.

Regards,
Eric.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9646
