---
title: "Timeout when connecting to a web server thrue a 3G modem"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9622"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9622/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "jbrandberg"
created: "2013-10-07T22:33:35+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:12+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 441
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Timeout when connecting to a web server thrue a 3G modem

## Question

Asked by jbrandberg on 2013-10-07 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,
I have now tested the w5200 curcuit for some time.
I have an issue when connection to a WEB server over a 3G modem to send data to a server with http POST.

If I post a message from a normal web client, like safari it works.
But when I try to connect to the WEB server on the same network it fails to connect

If I use an adsl connection it connects both the W5200 and the safari and sends the information correctly.
Some setups

```
 setIMR(0x07);       // Interrupt registers for W5200
  setRTR(10000);
  setRCR(3);

    openTCPSocketOnPort(1, destinationPort);
    vTaskDelay(2000);
    connect(1, destinationIP, destinationPort);
    vTaskDelay(2000);
    uint8_t temp = getSn_SR(SOCKET_1);
    if( temp == SOCK_ESTABLISHED)
```

I am using the interrupt and get’s 08, timeout but with the safari browser it works.

I am getting a little desperate here. Can you please send me some hints?

Looking forward to a reply

JBr

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2013-10-14

Hi, jbrandberg.

I think you need to capture packets.

When connection established, 5200 send SYN packet and receive SYN/ACK packet and send ACK packet.

So, check all packet send and receive.

Best regards.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9622
