---
title: "Wizfi210 can't connect to IPhone AP"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9619"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9619/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "WOLF"
created: "2013-10-07T13:41:55+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:14+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 466
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wizfi210 can't connect to IPhone AP

## Question

Asked by WOLF on 2013-10-07 in Wireless.

Hi!,
I’ve a Problem.
When I’m trying to connect the Wizfi210 to an IPhone Hotspot with a WPA2 encryption an error occur.
But when I am opening a Hotspot with an Android Phone with a WPA 2 encryption, the WI-FI Module can connect to the Hotspot and get a IP-Address from the DHCP Server.
I am using the following comands to configure the WIFI module, so it can connect to an AP with WPA2 encryption.

```
At                                                                              
[OK]                                                                            
AAttee00                                                                                                                                                   
[OK]                                                                            
AT+Xdum=0                                                                                                                                  
[OK]                                                                            
AT+BDATA=1                                                                                                                                 
[OK]                                                                            
AT+WD                                                                                                                                                
[OK]                                                                            
AT+NDHCP=1                                                                                                                                            
[OK]    
AT+WPAPSK= ,  // SSID+ Password generate a PSK-key                                                               
AT+WA=IPHONESSID                                                                                                                                                
[ERROR]
```

So my question is :
Did I forgot to configure something for the iPhone AP ? , or does the Wizfi210 doesn’t support iPhone Access Points.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards,
WOLF

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2013-10-11

Hello!

As I know, IPhone AP run with 802.11g mode.
But, WizFi210 associate to a AP with 802.11b.

### Reply 2 by WOLF, 2013-10-14

Hi !
Ok ,thanks.

But in the requirements for using an iPhone Hotspot is written:

> To connect to a Personal Hotspot, your device requires:
> Wi-Fi: Support for 802.11g/n using WPA2 encryption.

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3574?viewlocale=en_US>
and in the Overview of the Wizfi 210 is written:

> Operates with standard 802.11b/g/n access point at speed up to11Mbps (802.11b)

<http://www.wiznet.co.kr/Sub_Modules/en/product/product_detail.asp?Refid=730&page=1&cate1=5&cate2=38&cate3=0&pid=1132&cType=2#tab>
I would interpret this as the Wizfi 210 can connect to an access point with 802.11b/g/n standard.
Or did I miss something ?

Best regards,
WOLF

### Reply 3 by ssekim, 2013-10-18

Hi!

> Operates with standard 802.11b/g/n access point at speed up to11Mbps (802.11b)

Above means that WizFi210 can associate to a AP with 802.11b.

So, if a AP doesn’t support 802.11b, Wizfi210 can’t associate to the AP.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9619
