---
title: "W5100 WiFi equivalent"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9611"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9611/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "manonline"
created: "2013-10-03T18:35:55+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:30:09+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 447
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5100 WiFi equivalent

## Question

Asked by manonline on 2013-10-03 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

we have a product using the W5100, and its working fine so far.
Now we want to add WiFi to our product, and I was wondering if there is a W5100 compatible Wiznet WiFi module. I understand that there should be more registers to control the WiFi connection, but I would love to keep the socket connection code.

Thanks in advance,
Mariano.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2013-10-04

Hi, manonline.

Our TCP/IP chip and WiFi module are different. Your firmware is not compatible to WiFi module.

WiFi module has own firmware and you can use it through command. So you cannot upload your own firmware.

Best regards.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/9611
